Digital strategies shape the children’s media industry. And the way how and where children and young people consume contents is changing rapidly:
Children and adolescents do not read books only in print but more and more on smartphones or online platforms. Generation Z watches its favourite Netflix or Amazon Prime series on laptops. The classical children games are more and more in competition with new mobile and virtual reality games. Who advises them to make these purchase decisions? Influencer, YouTube or Snapchat heroes?
Therefore, the Kindermedienkongress 2017
[Children Media Congress 2017] focuses on the following questions:
Prof. Dr. Uwe Hasebrink
- In which subject areas and living environments are children and young people active today?
- Which reading habits and media usage characterises Generation Z and Alpha?
- On which channels and platforms do children and young people find their favourite topics?
- Which digital services cause a stir in Germany, England, the United States and Canada?
- Which marketing strategies – from print to YouTube – are especially promising?
- Which growth strategies are successful and can be realised most effectively?
will deliver the opening address on the topic of “"Medien im Alltag von Kindern und Jugendlichen: Ein Kristallisationspunkt gesellschaftlichen Wandels [Media in the Every Day Life of Children and Adolescents: A Focal Point of Social Change].”