Prof. Dr. Matthias C. Kettemann
will take part in the public discussion format "Leibniz Debates" between 12 and 1 p.m. and talk about the following questions:
- Who decides on freedom and justice in social networks?
- What is the current state of our participation in communication-related decisions on digital platforms, to which significant parts of our public discourse have shifted?
- How can the rules of discourse on platforms be aligned with public values and how can we ensure that public interests and democratic values are taken into account?
Dr. Bettina Böhm
- Sabine Frank, Head of Government Affairs and Public Policy for YouTube in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Central and Eastern Europe
- Tabea Rößner, Member of the German Bundestag and Chair of the Committee on Digital Affairs
, Secretary General of the Leibniz Association, will open the event.
Moderation: Harald Staun
, Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung
Please register here
to take part in the online event.
About the Event Series
The discussion series "Leibniz Debates" is dedicated to the challenges and topics of our time. Leibniz scientists from various disciplines engage in discussion with politicians, artists and intellectuals.